What is Medical Coding?
Medical Coding is the transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes. Medical coders assign standard codes using CPT, ICD 10 & HCPCS Classification system.
The course is designed for candidate who has strong desire to start career in healthcare industry as Medical Coder, this course will thoroughly focus on the fundamentals of Medical Coding including ICD 10 & CPT, HCPCS Coding.
- Medical record review to abstract information required to support accurate facility coding
- Accurate assignment of ICD 10, CPT and HCPCS Level II Codes for diagnoses and procedures performed in the facility settings
- Current Rules, Regulations & Issues regarding medical coding compliance and reimbursement
- Coding and Reimbursement Rules affecting the Charge Description Master, fee updates and the Fee Locators
- Anatomy, Physiology & Medical terminology required to correctly code facility service and diagnoses. Outpatient reimbursement methodologies.
- Medical Coding – ICD 10 , CPT, HCPCS
- Reimbursement Methodologies and Medical Science
- Medical Terminology with basic anatomy and physiology
- Clinical Vocabularies & Classification System
- Introduction to UAE & US Coding guidelines.
- Introduction to Medical Billing
Certified Medical coder can work as Entry level coder, coding clerk, coding technician, medical coder/biller, and medical record coder and etc.
Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by AAPC, US. (Know more about International Examination HERE)
You will receive: Training Information:
- Training Duration : 40 Hrs Training + 20 Hrs Examination session
- Training mode : Online & Classroom
Register your interest: